This week was full of weird events.
So Pday was a little crazy. We decided to invite some elders to come and play basketball with us and Elder D and Elder W, but Elder D and Elder W already invited other missionaries (we are only allowed to have 3 in the same vicinity outside of meetings) so we had to call the other missionaries and tell them to cancel. They were only 5 minutes away too! Oh I felt so bad.
Tuesday was a doozy. We have our baptismal date Y. We had to push her baptismal date back 1 week because her guardian/ aunt works on Sunday's and she wanted to be there when Y gets baptized so we move it to the 23rd. On Tuesday we had her baptismal interview with Elder W and of course she did amazing. Well some stuff came
up and we had to move the baptismal date back ANOTHER week, so she WILL be baptized this coming Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. The bishop in our ward didn't know that we have a paper that the legal guardian (k, y's aunt) signs to say that everything is good with the baptism and that she supports what Y is doing. He called us into his office (because we were at the church) and it almost seemed like her was interrogating us. Just to let you know how ridiculous this whole shabang was, EVERYONE in Y's family that
is in the United States was going to be at the baptism and we had everything worked out. The bishopric didn't "know" what was going on because they never look at the progress reports that we give them, but they are new so we will give them a break. It finally came down to this: the ward camp out was this weekend, the same weekend as the
baptism and the bishopric said that nobody would be there at the baptism from the ward. Why couldn't they have ended the camp out at a reasonable time to have everyone go and attend the baptism?? Ugh. Let's just say we didn't want to fight with the bishopric and said its completely ok if the baptism is moved back one more week. (But we are doing it this week don't you worry) Let's just say that our DL and our ZLs were all upset at the reason why we had to move the date back, but we all agree that it is for the better.
So Wednesday was my BUMP day, and I burnt a tie..... Hehehe. I actually didn't know when my 6 month mark was, I actually thought it was on the 27th, but nope!! So I will send pictures and the video, hopefully the video goes through.
Thursday was kinda messed up too. We moved around our weekly planning because we had some lessons scheduled, one with E our other baptismal date. He asked us so adorably how he was going to be baptized, meaning like where we would do it. He thought we would go to a river or the ocean and baptize him (not opposed to that really), and
he was a little concerned because he is super feeble and weak that he didn't want to be taken by the wave hahahaha!!! We told him that inside the church there is a baptismal font that is basically just a really big bathtub, I think he liked that idea better than the river
or ocean. During weekly planning the ZLs called and asked if they could do exchanges with us (there are 3 or them, Elders C, H, and F). They told us that I would go to their area and Elder P would stay in our area with Elder F (which was really good because F was here with Elder C 6 months ago) so Elder P didn't need to worry about knowing the area. (Friday) I ended up going on exchanges with Elder C and Elder D. Elder H went with Elder D companion I. His old area too. It was my first time being in a trio! It was really interesting, especially the fact that Elder D doesn't know any Spanish and all but 1 of the lessons were in Spanish. The facial expressions that he had on his face were (I think) the exact ones that I had on my face when I first started in Peru.... Just completely bored, emotionless expressions. It was really fun to b on exchanges. Elder C told me that I have good Spanish for someone who only has 6 months on the mission, and that the things that I can improve on and keep doing as a missionary is to continue to be teachable and study Preach My Gospel more. It's true, I need to study Preach My Gospel more, I'll get back on that. On the
exchange Elder D was the driver and he tried to make a uturn. He went a little bit into the next lane (right hand lane) and apparently there was a car that was speeding and she honked and skidded and we didn't crash!! We actually did the u turn without any problems. I looked behind us and she started to follow us!! We pulled over in a neighborhood and she started to scream how "she had to slam on her breaks HARD" and that she wanted our information. No problem. She told her son to take a picture of our license plate and everything. This whole time I am keeping my mouth shut because 1, if anything is wrong
with her car it is because she was speeding in a 35mph zone AND the only way she can get money out of us (impossible) is if she can prove that by her slamming on the breaks caused the damage to the wear and tear of the braking mechanism within the car. We didn't hit her car, she didn't hit us, all that really happened was that she stalked us to
yell at us. Don't worry, just a funny story for the journal.
Saturday was boring... It really was. Sunday we went to the VC with Y and her family, it was pretty good, could've been better, but I have pictures don't worry:) well, I think that's all for this week! Not a lot of other crazy stuff that I can remember, just pictures that I
will send!!
Love,
Elder Roberts
No comments:
Post a Comment