Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Week 43

Dear Lovely family,

Monday, we went to Krispy Kreme to get some donuts, yes I used my card, sorry about that. A missionary then treated me to some Yogurtland (cause I shared my Krispy Kreme with him) and that was really good. The rest of the Pday part we basically played soccer, like we always do. It starts to get a little boring after a while, but I am learning so hopefully I can take Charlie on later or something;) Mexico vs. Italy anyone?? We stopped by the A family because J, one of the members and an investigator was to be baptized this Sunday. A (the grandma) came out and gave us bread with beans as a snack. I know that I would probably have never eaten that before the mission, but that stuff is good! Beans are no biggy for me now... did that just come out of my mouth?? 

Tuesday we walked around for a bit (this is the day that I sent your letter) and it was a pretty nice day. We had a lesson with a less active family, and it is just hard to help this family because the mom is the one who wears the pants in the family and she is never home. She is also the one that would tell her whole family to go to church, so we REALLY need to catch her one of these times. We stopped by this part member family that is the M family. C is the mom, and she has 2 kids: H and C. C is a member and H isn't. We talked with them for a bit and actually one of C's friends were over. He was really rude to C saying that she didn't understand English (when she totally does) and I replied back to him that we could all talk in Spanish if he wanted us to and C turned to me and said "Elder! Let's do it!!" but we were nice and stayed talking in English for the freshman. We shared a Mormon message about the 10 commandments and that was really good. C asked us if we wanted to eat some taquitos and we told her maybe a couple because we were going to our dinner appointment real soon, she then asked if we ate spicy, to which I said no. I didn't see her scrape it to the side of the plate because when I got the taquito, I thought the spicy salsa was guacamole (it was green) and WOW did that kick! I coughed a couple times an my eyes almost watered. Basically for that salsa they fry some jalapeƱos and garlic together, and a little water in a blender and that's it. So basically garlic jalapeƱos is what I tried. We then ate with the Estrada family, but we had to hurry and eat with them because Wendy (the mom of J in the A family) was having a baby reveal, so we quickly ate there, shared a spiritual thought, and left. We then went to the A family and they were all waiting for us to do the baby reveal. ITS GONNA BE A BOY! We also went over the baptismal interview questions with J and she was super ready, knew everything (except Law of Chastity, but hey, not our problem). 

Wednesday I got to meet a new missionary in the district named Elder W, Elder G is training him and he is from Chicago, hopefully he turns out ok, we will see. We ate at Subway for lunch and Elder G2 treated me out. While we were eating a member of the English ward gave us a gift card for Subway, baboom! We then had the baptismal interview for J and of course she passed with flying colors. We ate dinner with the R family (the family I will skype at) and that was good. We then had a lesson with G and the F Family. During the lesson G told us that she is wanting to start her relationship with God again. We told her that we could start giving her the missionary lessons with the F Family and she accepted. 

Thursday we stopped by the F Family to see how the rest of the family was doing, actually meet in their house. We then were invited to C's birthday party so we biked all the way there. It was fun. While we were waiting we taught hector The Restoration and that was a good lesson. For dinner we had pasole and some tortillas. The cake was amazing. It had blue frosting with oreos and strawberries. The cake was a tres leches cake, which is something that latinos just die for, its alright every now and then, but not like normal cake. H smashed C's face into the cake, which is apparently the tradition, but it still surprised me and was a little funny at the same time. 

Friday I got food poisoning, probably from something that I ate earlier. Basically the night before I was up, spending the entire night in the bathroom, not fun. I did not have energy on Friday so I got a priesthood blessing and rested the day. It was well needed and hey, the next day I was better. This is the part about the week that sucked.

Saturday I was feeling about 70% about how I normally feel, still a little drained from the day before. We ate little Cesar's deep dish pizza during correlation an that is always a nice treat. We then made the baptismal program and then headed down to go and read the Book of Mormon with H. He really wants to read and I'm pretty sure that we will read far with him. We then ate dinner with the L family. I had not eaten with them before, but they are extremely active and he is the 2nd counselor in the bishopric. They gave us spaghetti and buttered rolls with chicken... mouth watering... it was so good. We then stopped by the As to watch The Prophet of the Restoration and that was a good time.

Sunday was game day, baptism, everything. We had to fill up the font during sacrament meeting because there was another baptism after us. It was incredibly stressful because basically I had to plan the whole thing and get everything organize. My companion didn't have any baptismal clothing, I don't know why, and so that stressed me out. Stressing is a sport and I am the coach FYI. It was craziness, but the baptism happened!! Afterwards, it POUREDD!!!! I don't think it was rained that hard since I have been here in LA. It sucked because we had to bike in it, which nobody in LA knows how to drive in the rain so they are all going crazy and here I am in my sweater and my trenchcoat, on a bike, in the middle of crazy drivers... but I survived!!! It was definitely a terrible, awful experience, and yes, I am a wuss about weather as a missionary.

Well that was this week, hopefully it made you laugh here and there.

11 more days yall!!

Love,
Elder Roberts


No comments:

Post a Comment