Dear lovely family,
I am sorry if this email gets to you late, the wifi is not working anywhere!! Bear with me about how I am writing this letter, it might be all over the place. On Pday we played basketball with Elders A and H and they are freaking tall! It was so unfair! Elder H didn't even need to jump when he would do a lay up because nobody can stuff him, ridiculous. Elder P also blocked me way good, like almost a volleyball spike to the face, but I just grabbed it and kept going.
We talked with this one guy on the street who said he was a convict of murder for 13 years in prison and so Elder P and I just looked at each other, gave him a card, and invited him to church, he was a little scary not gonna lie. We tried to go and smooth things over with M V, the one who was offended. We stopped by her house and only found her daughter there. We talked to the daughter and the daughter (M) told us that the only reason why her mom didn't want to continue to talk to us is because the "other" missionary was really intense and blunt to her mom. We told her that that was never our intention and that we wanted to talk with her mom to see if she still wanted to talk and meet with the missionaries. By the end of that lesson the daughter wanted to read the Book of Mormon and we decided to go back and visit the mom the next day. When we visited the mom, she told us that she wanted to give us back the Book of Mormon and to never see us again. We shared a scripture with her and talked her down a bit. She told us how she felt and by the end of the lesson the outcome was this: only the missionaries assigned to the area will visit M because she really wants to keep learning more about the gospel and she even offered us chocolate bananas as we were leaving!! It was a good feeling that she still wanted to meet with us.
We talked with this lady on the street who told us that was once a member and that the reason that she is no longer active is because members talk more about the Book of Mormon rather than the Bible. She told us that she still thinks Joseph Smith is a good person and that Angel Moroni was a good person too. ??? Angel Moroni? If you think angel Moroni was an actual person than you believe that the Book of Mormon is true!
There was this one day as we were contacting that everyone that I would try and talk to would just be really rude and walk off and everybody who Elder P tried to talk with were really nice. I guess something was just off or something, idk. We had some weird lessons this week with our investigators. One of our investigators has a lot of family problems. We invited her to attend the Book of Mormon class that our Ward does every Tuesday at the same time mutual is so the parents have something to do. She told us that she went and that her sons enjoyed mutual. Hopefully this is the way that will slowly change her heart! We were really surprised that nobody from the ward told us that our investigator went! We told the Book of Mormon teacher that our investigator liked the class and that they should come with us to a lesson. Too bad that the lesson fell through. We were so grateful that she went though! We also found this family of 3 this week. The lesson was probably one of the weirdest ones. The wife is a referral and and the husband was a potential so of course we visited them. At the beginning of the lesson the son (C Jr.) was really shy so Elder P and I tried to get him to be happy or laugh because he was showing us his toy cars and we laughing with his mom. I'm glad that the son felt comfortable, but the lesson was a little awkward at one point because he just decided to pull down his pants and start to pee a little bit. He was laughing like a little 4 year old and his mom just turned bright red. So that was awkward. The lesson was really good other than that, they listened really well. Hahah at the beginning I messed up in Spanish. I accidentally said "prophets in the bible like Adam and Eve" but I cut myself off and my companion covered my back.
Our baptismal date E hit a little snag. He has a problem with the law of chastity. He lives with a woman with whom he has had a sexual relationship with in the past. It is so sad, he is 76 years old and doesn't want to get married. He can't move out because he doesn't work and the wife/ girlfriend is the owner of the house, we'll see what happens.
This week we were eating with a member named J. She is from Honduras but speaks both English and Spanish so she just speaks in English with us. She usually makes really good healthy food which is a nice change here in the Spanish community. But anyway she was telling us this story how she couldn't find her tent and so she was looking everywhere. But she couldn't pronounce the word shed just right. Instead of the word shed she was saying sh**. So she was telling us how she was looking and was digging through all three of her sh**s to try and find her tent. Hahahaha I could barely hold in my laugh. The worst part was she used that word at least 7 times. She was like I have three sh**s and I started with my sh** in the back because that is where I usually keep all my camping stuff. But after like an hour I decided to go check my sh** in my side yard. Oh boy I got a laugh out of that.
Sorry this letter is super short, I didn't have a lot of time to write but I'll make sure that next weeks is longer:)
Love, Elder Roberts
No comments:
Post a Comment