Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Week 68

Korea Town // Episode 2 - Act 1

Monday we went shopping and I sold myself to ramen again... Bought time right? I also bought the mark of a true Spanish missionary, which is Peach Punch Minute Maid... So good! We then we're trying to figure out the whole email thing because my iPad was throwing a tantrum the whole day, saying that I didn't have any more storage space on my iPad, but that the numbers of storage weren't adding up... Stupid thing. We played ultimate with the other elders and we went to yogurt land with Elder H and Elder T, they are really tall. We ended the night with a visit to E and boy... He is getting me all frustrated. 

Tuesday we ,et a lot of new people. We were finally able to get into an apartment building that is always locked to find a new convert of about 1 1/2 of being baptized. Her name is C C. She has REALLY bad health. Like, she has a prosthetic leg and the other leg is super infected and heading towards amputation as well. She has really bad diabetes and she has "experience in this life" (she's really old). We helped her get up the stairs because the complex doesn't have an elevator and she is just so adorable. She laughs at almost everything. We decided that obviously a priest needs to come and bring the sacrament to her. We then went to go and see the B family. We read with them and that was good, the lessons are definitely getting better, but we need to help the environment so much more still. We biked all the way to S, but she isn't doing so good, so we will see what happens. She still has the desire to change, she just doesn't act. We then had dinner with the T family and they are really sweet. They were in 6th ward a while back and so we went off about how cool some of the members are. They are really cool people. We had coordination to finish up the night and the sisters area was whitewashed! The new sisters... Oh my. We have a sister who is from Brazil speaking Spanish and a newbie in her 2nd transfer who is really, really white. They are also VC sisters so they are almost robotic in everything. I think I feel more confident in my Spanish when I hear sister missionaries talk, just because. 

Wednesday we had a couple return appointments from street lessons and so we talked to a lot of people. The lessons fell through cause the person was t there, but hey, it's the life. We swung by to read with the B family again and every time we go by, it gets better... Just not quite there yet, ya know? We ate dinner with W and his mom and W is doing great! He is a less active because he feels that when he was baptized, that the missionaries pressured him into being baptized. He has been saying his prayers and reading in the scriptures and he is just awesome. We had a bishopric lesson set up with the R family, lesson planned out, everything. We then get a text from L saying that she felt that it wasn't a good day to meet with us, so we should just cancel. We said a quick prayer and boom, she said never mind, and that we could come. The sad part was that the bishopric member wasn't going to be there because he was at the church for some reason, but hey, count your blessings right? The lesson was pretty good, I just really hope that one day the R family will progress. 

Thursday was really weird because we had District Meeting this day, I honestly don't know why it changed... Weird. In our district there are only the 3 companionships in 3rd ward. I'm feeling a little detached or alienated from other missionaries right i.e. just cause we can't talk to missionaries outside of our district, so that leaves us with one companionship, and for some reason I feel like they don't listen to me all the way. It is really frustrating sometimes. We saw C C again and told her that we will help her get the sacrament on Sunday's. She is really awesome, I just hopes she feels better and has good days more than bad days. We read again with the B family (trying to stop by more often with shorter visits) and this one had some good moments in it, so there is progress. We were contacting and knocking doors when we talked to a former investigator and showed her a video. She likes it and said that she would like to have us come back. We set up a return appointment and that was nice. We were suppose to go and visit S with a member, but nobody was home, so that was really sad. 

Friday we did our weekly planning because Thursday was district meeting. We then went to go and read I. The Book of Mormon with L and that was good, but I feel like during the lesson she just wanted us to leave ASAP. We stopped by a part member family and it is so difficult because we always try to set something up with them, but they are always like "next week". It's like... Ugh! Might as well just ask for my little sibling to come tech your family, cause that's how long procrastination goes! Just joking... Kinda. We ate dinner and then talked to some people. I was able to finally meet M. She is 14 and a RC. She is super smart and knows a lot. She is just so cool. We reviewed the plan of salvation and basically she taught us everything, it was so cool. That was definitely a blessing being able to meet with her.

Saturday was just a really long day. We had to go to the church to get my iPad completely reset because it was being stupid and said that I was using too much storage, but I wasn't. So Elder R, the tech guy, had to come to the church to help because they put restrictions on and everything. After that we went back to the apartment to start a companion study on charity because this transfer is going to be called Charity Transfer. We went to go and see A and A P, they are two less active teens who we visit every Saturday and they are super cool. They have some good questions that really mean a lot to them, so it's always nice to go and visit with them. After that the day took forever to end, or so it felt. We contacted a lot and shared a lot of videos with people on the street. We talk to a man named L who is a less active member from 20 years ago and he still tells everyone he is Mormon. Funny thing is that he wears a cross... Better a CTR ring right? And he is from Veracruz. He speaks so fast it was intense. On our way back to the apartment we talked to this drunk dude named A1. I shook his hand and oh my, it was covered in... Idk what. He wanted to see the Book of Mormon that I was carrying, MY copy and I was just like "oh no, I really like that copy, I'm almost done with that one, please no" he then asked if he could have MY copy and so we told him that we wanted him to get one for himself. After that convo I think I dumped half a hand of hand sanitizer and let my hand dry.

Sunday was a huge blessing. It started out great, but it was worth it in the end. We really really really wanted the R family to come to church and so we biked early in the morning to go and wake them up. Right as we are locking our bikes up to a pole, we get a text from L saying that they have had a really rough morning and that they can't go. We went to go knock on their door and nobody was home. It was very sad. We had a meeting at 8:00 with bishop because he likes to meet with us. We told him about our investigators and our recent converts and I think I'm starting to understand the bishop's point of view on things. The R family didn't show up to church, BUT the C's, W, and the D L's showed up! It was such a tender mercy. The D L's come up to us (we turned them over to the Lord for a while because they weren't keeping commitments or appointments) after sacrament meeting and said basically that they want us to come back and meet with them. Hopefully they have been prepared enough that this time they will be ready for the message. W came, he is a 17 year old, and he sat with us during all the classes, he is super smart. We also had the C's come to church and they attended the family history class and so they are totally preparing to go and do temple baptisms! The day itself was just full of us talking to people on the street and walking around. We ate dinner with the R's and they are just so awesome.

Hope your week is awesome!

Love,
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment