Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Week 12

Happy (Late) Mother's Day!!

So my companion was just talking to the inactive member that was in the house with us, it was his computer that we were using. My companion went after me, so I was first hahaha. I had to start over on the training, but its not a checklist like in Peru, just an overall "you can do it!" type thing, so i'm actually caught up I think. I am slowly getting confident enough to contact 10, but not even close this week, still a work in progress. Transfers are next week, but I think that I will be in this area for the next 6 months. Many missionaries have told me that they were in their first area for 6 months, but its not a guarantee.

So this week was just crazy. We were contacting in an area and this guy told us that "we should be doing our homework" and it was around 7!! I was thinking "Bro! I know more about school than you do!" It was just very belittling. There is this particular street that last week was very good for us, but this week was a whole different story. We had one investigator say that they were too busy and that we should call before we came to teach. Another investigator (we are told to do daily contact to check up on our investigators) said that we were calling too much. The funny thing was that we were wondering "why didn't you return a call? why didn't you tell us the first time that it was too much?" anywho, she told us that she "would call us" so I think the Lord just needs to touch her heart a little more. Another investigator was shocked when we told him that Jesus Christ appeared in the Americas. Most people just don't care when we say that but this time he's like "whoa, wait. How?" and we said "He's Jesus bro" and then went from there. It was awesome. There are so many funny people that we talk to in the streets. One guy believes in Christ, Virgin Mary, Virgin of Guadelupe, the Ten Commandments, and he says he's an atheist...??? ya weird. When it was raining, we talked to this couple and the guy asked "are there like, a million of you guys walking around?" I said: "I hope so!!" he gave me a high five and we got his address, too bad he isn't in our area. We ran into a pastor while teaching and he was saying all this stuff about "how do you know that what you're doing is God's will?" anywho he just wanted to Bible bash us so we left. MIND BLOWN: the Tree of Life is the opposite of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.. cool huh? never thought about that. 

There was this lady that stopped us yesterday (I told you already but here is the whole story) and asked if we are missionaries. We said yes and went over to talk to her. She asked "Do you know, if you were to die tonight, where you would go?" we said yes like all missionaries and she said "Why?" now her voice is what made this experience, her voice was extremely depressing and went up and down, but on a very different level. We told her why we would go where we would go and she didn't even care about what we said. she just said "well maybe you left this out on accident but" and went off about how we are all sinners and dying and the cross, lake of fire and brimstone... blah blah blah for 5 minutes! She would act like she knew the bible and say "Mathew 28: Jesus died" or something like that and i'm thinking, you know, that's not all that's in that chapter cause I'm pretty sure that they could've fit those two words in another chapter to save space I think. Long story short, Elder W started to count how many times she said death and the total was 30. She only said life 1 time. It was really depressing. 

We had a lesson with an investigator that was having a hard time understanding the Apostasy, so we compared it to a gang (he's in a gang). We said that the top guys were all killed and the peons wanted to run the gang, but because they weren't chosen/ didn't have the authority, they couldn't right? He was like YA!! and so that lesson was weird but hey, the message came across and he's coming to church on Sunday;) We are almost always contacting golden investigators in the streets, but because they speak english and not spanish, we cannot teach them. This Tongan guy (named D) is going through a rough time in his life, divorce, no job, homeless for a while. But he is staying a friends house and he is just grateful for everything. When we were teaching him he was saying that his life was easier when he went to church and said his prayers, we were like "Bro!! haga lo!" but we had to turn him over to the english elders cause he doesn't understand spanish that well. An investigator came to church!! His name is D and he wants to take things slow, but he has already started to read the Book of Mormon from page 1 so hey, that's better than most contacts/ investigators. I want one day to just get a text from him that says "Bautizarme!" oh it would be awesome. 

Other than that I think it's still the same old same old, trying to know the streets, trying to memorize names, etc. One of the members' mom had a terrible accident. She was drinking (we think) and fell. When she woke up in the hospital she had a huge gash in her head and she cannot see (no puedo ver) and the YM is so strong. The first people he told was the bishop and the missionaries. We came over cause he asked us to, and shared a message (Helaman 5:12) and he told us that it happened on his birthday (the day before) and 364 days before he could go on a mission... wow. 

I hope that's all... Probably not, but whatevs.

We run/ jog/ I pant for 45 minutes in the morning, it is ridiculous!! I think that is why I might be losing weight instead of gaining weight. My companion is also worried about gaining weight cause he has lost a lot of muscles cause of the mish and I'm sitting here like "bro, beef me up!!" 

I want lots of emails, cause goodness I want to read what ya'll are doing!!  
Tenga un dia
Te amo
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment