Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Week 13

Hello lovely family,

Basically I've started to eat all the foods that I said I hated... ya ya told ya so whatevs Tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, and tortillas is my main foods right now so laugh all you want.
So that family,  are some of the most sweetest people on the planet. We had a home night in their house and man do they go FULL OUT!! They had himnos to spare and an app that played all the himnos. The food was way good too, bread with cheese and jalapeƱos... yummy:) Other foods that I ate this week were pupusas, which is a flour tortilla that is thick, and you fill it with cabbage and lettuce and hot sauce, I had 2 and my comp had 5. I also ate frijoles (black bean kind) and avocados.. lets say I'm learning to love the food, I ate all that I was given so hey, I'm improving. 
My companion cut my hair today. IDK if it looks good, but gel can always fix things until the next hair cut. There was a club of corvettes that drove by us one day, like 20 corvettes, old, new, all of the above. It was crazy.There are just a lot of old cool cars here, Dad would like it. 
Our investigators are being a little frustrating. We have an investigator who has a baptismal date and is trying to overcome some trials in his life, but he keeps going back to old habits, so we are definitely praying for him. We have this family that we went to the visitors center with and they knew ALL the questions that the sisters asked them there BUT they don't have a baptismal date because they "don't want to do something that they don't know is right" yet they feel "peace with the missionaries and when we read the BOM as a family" UGH, so frustrating. They even come to church and everything! It's really frustrating when we set a baptismal date with an investigator and then never see them again, it gets awkward. There is a less active family that was really nice to let us in, they told us that the reason why they don't want to come to church is because they are "messing with the dark side" for a bit, and that "we have gone through 200 missionaries soooo, good luck" but we can have dinner with them and they are completely open to talk. 
Transfers!!! I am staying, but we all knew that... My comp said that most Spanish missionaries will end up being in a English area for a couple transfers later in the mission and that its good and bad. He said that the missionaries told him that they learned more Spanish there because their comp didn't know Spanish so that had to do ALL the talking. o ha la que no voy a cambiar a ingles... no.
They are combining the zone that I am in with another zone though. A lot of the missionaries in the zone are going home, so they are all trunky, its bad. 
I started to read the pocket handbook, that's crazy good. I finished PMG in English so now I will only read it in Spanish. I am about half way in the Book of Mormon and I am color coordinating scriptures. (you might want to send a blue lead for the pen for my BDay) I already have an extra, but I am reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and whenever there is a reference of Christ, I mark in blue... so I'm almost out and not even 100 pages in.
Elder W and I are trying to do more role plays during comp study. They are the worst things because you suck so bad during them, but during the actual lesson, they help A LOT! Whenever we are contacting (I am doing better, but still not as much as I should) some people will just say "Thank you" before we will say anything and to get them to talk to us we reply "for what?" anywho, lots of Catholics that don't want to change because they are 'comfortable' where they are.

"There is no growth in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the growth zone"... for real.

My stomach started to hurt at the beginning of the week, but it's fine right now and I'm pretty sure it was just the air or something that day. Our vecino makes our apartment smell like mota so ya, its kinda a hassle.

Tenga un dia
Love, Elder Roberts   

(This is his Mom...He needs letters, so feel free to write him)

No comments:

Post a Comment