Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Week 19

New Area!! Southgate 2.1 (Located in Watts/ South Central LA)
 
So my new companion is Elder C, but let me answer questions first.

Elder C... where do I begin.. He's from Massachusetts and next transfer he will hit his year mark, he is my "breaker" meaning that he breaks me out of training mode. When we had transfers, it was kinda sad. Elder W was saying that I was a good companion and that I worked hard and to keep doing that throughout my mission. It's bitter-sweet to leave Inglewood 2nd because there is this family who are going to get baptized on the 12 of July, and Idk if I will be able to attend that baptism because we have one scheduled here. Elder W got a new greenie and he is actually a latino, so I bet that Elder W will like that (every missionary likes latinos more because Spanish improves sooo much). Elder C just sent Elder C2 home (meaning that he finished his mission) so we have a lot of work to do in the area because they had a lot of departing missionary meetings that they had to go to last transfer. Elder C2 left a lot of random stuff that I guess he didn't want to take home, so we have random packs of trail mix, craisins, and what not. 
Elder C is way chill. He loves to make random jokes and talk to the cars (He's the driver) and he drives very good. He is also really good at listening to the investigators. The first couple of days when we were contacting (contacting is nothing for me now) I was talking to everyone and he wasn't so he said that a lot of the times he wants to say something so now we just switch on and off. With our investigators its really complicated. Because of all the meetings that Elder C2 had last transfer, we have to now pick up where they left off, and it's really hard because a lot of the times we cannot catch them in their house. We have an investigator named K, she is from Peru, has a daughter, and has the baptismal date for the 12 of July. She came to church and I guess she's pretty solid. I haven't been in a lesson with her yet, but from what I can tell, she's solid. We have M and W, mother and daughter and they do not get along. I have taught Margarita and she asks a lot of questions, but most of the time she answers her own, we are trying really hard to set a baptismal date with them. I also met this investigator named V, he is the 'legend' of the mission. He has been investigating the longest out of all the investigators in the mission. He has a lot of problems and one missionary almost baptized him (like was in white waiting) and then V said that he couldn't. V knows a lot about the lessons, we just have to help him realize the blessings that will come; I have faith. Church was really hard, a bunch of members just picked on me, but I mean I'll get used to it. They asked where I was from, (Utah), and they would say 'Oh no, are you kidding me? Not another one..." and a bunch more in Spanish, but the ward council members are way good and I'm excited to go to some lessons with them. Elder C thinks that the bishop's voice sounds like a latino Morgan Freeman.. its kinda close, so its pretty good.  

Our apartment didn't have water for the first part of the week (like in Peru) so we would have our district leader help us out with showers and stuff like that. The toilet could flush, but the water that would come out of the sink and the shower just didn't have any pressure and it was suicio. They fixed it now so its allll good:)

There have been some really funny contacts, just because there are a lot of drugs and churches in the area. We cannot contact in front of churches so we try to stop people before they reach the property. We have been given a lot of fake addresses so when we see them again in the street, we ask them what their real address is.. oh it's priceless.

I have started to eat bagels and Tampico for breakfast (Tampico is 99c here sooo ya, buying that) and I just have a PBJ for lunch because dinner is so filling. Whenever I can't finish dinner I just ask the member to put la comida in a traste so that I can eat it later. (leftovers... heheh) AND I found a member who knows how to so my suit pants. We have to stay in our apartment for the 4th of July from 6pm and on, its a missionary thing, so IDK what we are going to do that day.  

We have some workout equipment so I don't think we will be running this transfer (we had a track and field in my last) but we walk enough so I think I'm ok:) Elder C is a beast, he did ROTC and has this crazy fitness stuff he does, he even makes a breakfast shake just packed with protein. He is a really funny guy and we talk a lot. We have Zone meeting this week so I am excited to see Elder W and my last district (I am still in the same zone) I basically just moved 1 area to the right or left (forgot) but its a whole other district. All of our investigators are in complete Spanish, I need to be more diligent in the language just so that I can keep improving.
I finished reading Doctrine and Covenants this month (woo)

Les Quiero
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment