No I did not fix my belt, gonna try to fix that in Peru, not too much of a problem anymore.... I will get an umbrella the last week that I am here because it hasn't been raining here, and the umbrellas cost about 100 pesos (about 10$) here. Which is how much we are given each week. I have been saving up because I don't know what I will need when I leave. I leave November 18th, so I think that is a Monday. Yes I did get the goodies (pretty sure I said that last week) but we haven't pulled anything out yet, because we have been waiting for this PDay. I'm not sure if we get to call, probably not because the entire flight will probably be missionaries, seriously though. I have one more PDay here in the CCM before we head out to Peru. So excited!!
This week has been a little crazy, I will start with the crazy then go into the normal.
So remember how Clay was in the same District that I am in now? Well now we are the oldest District in the zone because the other district left. I really enjoyed spending time with that district because they had the same humor that I have. I didn't get to take a picture of the Hermanas from that district (10A) but its all good because the Elders are the ones that I hung out with. One of the Elders in their district left before anyone else, and his name was Elder D, he was a cool legit person, and he is actually serving in Peru Lima North. I had most of their district write testimonies in the book, so that was good. We received the new district with the usual random pranks (russian) and the Hermanas (6 of them!!) basically looked liked they wanted to kill us, it was nuts. So we had a fun time, but we weren't sure about the new district. Sunday was Fast Sunday and they closed the Comedor on Saturday night for dinner so we could start our fast that night and have lunch the next day, which was nice. My companion and I taught the priesthood lesson on Sunday, which was alright, but we talked about the two priesthoods, so naturally people started to doze off. Everyone in our district is a zone or district leader now except for me and my companion, which has him a little mad. I am fine with it because I don't think that I could handle a little extra (not even though) stress on my shoulders. It was weird to see the difference in the Espanol. The difference was between the district that left and the baby district. I started to memorize verbs, around 60 a day. One day I did pretty good and i memorized 100, so now I am at 220 to 280, there are 450 total that they give us, some are repeats, and some I will never use. It was good thought because one of the Elders in my district, Elder L, has had the hardest time struggling on Espanol and I started to help him with the verbs. So far he has 73 down (that I know of) which is about 25 a day. He used one of the new verbs in class and the teacher was surprised that he knew that word HAHAHHA!!! One of the new Elders from the baby district also kinda slipped, not meaning to (I think) an insult to him, which made him feel bad about his Espanol. I tried to cheer him up, but I feel that he will just be motivated by that more now.
Onto the days.
Friday was a PAIN!!! Probably one of the worst Halloweens ever!! They made our entire casa move casas. We had to move from casa 1 to casa 2, not that big of a deal except that we were in our nice clothes, had to move everything, my companion cut his thumb on his razor, and my companion and I don't have any drawers (gahones). So we are literally living out of our suitcases. Its not that we just don't have drawers, we don't even have a place to put drawers in. The Hermanas in both districts were just really sassy and I didn't want to be mean or sarcastic, so I just didn't talk for most of the day.
Saturday: Friday night the CCM had a power outage (in the new casa remember) and it was freezing. The new district Elders were being a little rude. I told them that if they wanted to talk to other Elders, we are just down the hall. One of the Elders jabbed back "this Elder wants to be a psychiatrist when he grows up, cause he likes to talk about feelings"UGH!! needless to say my prediction came true and now we can't get rid of them, lovely. We taught in TRC again (no little 15 year old this time) instead we had a 30 to 40 year old member. We taught her about prayer and she asked why do bad things happen to good people... piece of cake, you got Alma 14:14, 2 Nephi 2:13... The spirit was so strong that she teared up and gave us an amazing review, boom, spiritual high.
Sunday: I started to feel a little distant from my district because everyone talks to each other and I study vocab, because I want to know how to say things. It was a rough day because my companion started to be a little moody and I didn't know why. I spilled food on my shirt at lunch (the food just wanted to be eaten so bad that it jumped out at me) so I had to go change. I think one of the things that I don't appreciate about people on Fast Sundays is that they gorge themselves with food. Disgusting.
Wednesday: I kinda messed up in our progressing investigador lesson today. I thought that we had to hurry and didn't have enough time , so I said that we didn't have time, but then we had 5 more minutes, so it just ruined the whole forward motion of the lesson.. ugh.
Today: I really wanted to iron all of my shirts (almost done) and get organized, which we did. I wanted to go play ultimate, but instead we played volleyball for awhile which I didn't particularly enjoy. We played ultimate and it was alright, nothing crazy. We played normal soccer on a regular field and the other team had the 3 actual soccer players, so we got destroyed. We found out that we have another baby district that came yesterday and met some of the Elders. We have 8 Elders in the new district (Me gusta). Onto the last week of the CCM WOOO!!!!
I like DC 24:7 because its simple and I like it
Love, Elder Roberts
The hoodie Brigade
The baby district
A yummy breakfast drink
These two are for Elder Olive :)
No comments:
Post a Comment