Friday, November 14, 2014

Week 5

Hola Familia!!! 

So crazy things happened this weekend, oh goodness this is going to be a crazy letter.

So first things first, I AM LEAVING ON MONDAY!!! We leave the CCM around 10 AM and our flight is from 2 in the afternoon to 9 at night, not too shabby. So exciting because the others mission in Peru (West ugh) jk, they leave in the middle of the night and it is hilarious because they have to go to their classes and everything. It is really scary because I have no idea how to speak the language and its just.... ahhh!!! I feel like I've been gaining a little weight, but that might just be because of the food and all the sitting that we do, we don't really walk as much as the Provo MTC would. i'll either find another belt in Peru or just find a way to punch holes in it.. idk. We had a huge party last night with all of our goodies, we had the chips, root beer, chokies in leche with peanut butter... ah t'was glorious. I am getting my umbrella, just making sure I have enough pesos. all of my clothes are holding up, except for some of my socks, like the cool British pair, gray and blue pair, but that's just because they are thinner so when I play sports it wears them out. Grammy and Grampy are the only ones besides Charlie and Emily to send stuff, which was very nice of them to do for me. 

OK so we met the new baby district: so there was the one with all of the hermanas in it, and now we got another with 8 elders.
The one with the 8 elders is so legit. They are all a bunch of cool kids. There is Elder M with Elder A (who went to Bingham a year before me, didn't really know him but he's chill) Elder D with Elder S, Elder H with Elder S, and Elder T  (who is from LP and is crazy at sports, ginger jumps has a whole new meaning now) and Elder A  (he is from St. George and he says he has danced ballroom for most of his life and did Dancesport, but I don't recognize him, but he's funny) They are all just the coolest most ready missionaries. Unfortunately (don't freak out) we were playing cage soccer and I kicked the ball high so that it was bouncing. Elder A was the goalie so he jumped up to grab the ball (nobody was around him or anything) and he came down on his ankle.... and ya. gross. Elder M and myself ran to the infermeria and got someone that could help. He was gone to the hospital for 2 days and then came back. He told us that the doctors told him that he dislocated his ankle so severe that it would have been better if he had just broken it. He is in a wheelchair right now and has to wait for Monday to go home to heal for 2 to 3 months because he can't put pressure on his foot. Needless to say we are all kinda protective of anyone being rough in cage soccer now. I jammed one of my fingers a little playing basketball (cause we didn't want to play cage) and it hurts, put its almost healed, not worried about it. Other than those injuries I have to half index cards that I use as yellow and red cards for cage soccer, so if someone is acting stupid and reckless, BOOM card, or boots the ball out of the cage BOOM card. Its hilarious and everyone goes along with it. Today (pday) we played cage for a bit and I didn't play defense, I was just by the goalie kinda cherry picking, it was fun, scored 3 goals... it was a fun day, nobody really was injured except for two people in my district complaining about blocking shots and tripping and... blah blah blah. 

Everything is kinda weird right now, nobody is really liking their companion. We got a new District leader because Elder D is now our zone leader, and the new district leader... oh man. He loves role plays, it is driving me nuts. When we have a testimony meeting, he doesn't wait for people to gather their thoughts so that they can share what the want to about the day or about what they learned from the devotional. Needless to say I am looking forward to Peru.

Saturday: Finished organizing my Spanish scriptures the way that i wanted to. I put tabs on every 5 chapters so that when I know a certain scripture, I can just flip to it. It was a frustrating day because everyone thinks that Elder Roberts doesn't have struggles with the language, so when I get something wrong, they all jump on my back and attack me. Just because I made 450 flashcards and know 370 doesn't mean that I can speak fluent or mildly fluent yet. 

Sunday: Sunday was good, I finished the BOM in engles from when I started on week one (100 pages a week, or 15 pages a day, no biggy). I also blessed the sacrament in Spanish. It was funny because I practiced with our branch president before and he said that I sounded Mexican (good????) but then things changed. President Pratt (MTC president) came in and joined our sacrament meeting. I was a little nervous and stuttered a bit, but I didn't need to do it again, which is good because I had been here for 5 weeks, come on. An elder from the toddler district got up to share his talk, and he thought that nobody understood a scripture that he shared in Spanish (everything on Sunday is in Spanish FYI) and so he said "let me just read it in English for those who don't understand" President Pratt quickly said "don't bother" kinda bluntly and I had to hold back a laugh because it was hilarious. Needless to say the elder was a little mad. 

Monday: The teachers talked to the Elders and the Hermanas separately about the rules of clothing and appropriate relationships with the Hermanas (not a problem). Monday was the day that Elder A hurt his ankle. Our Progressing Investigador lesson was good, we hit everything we wanted to and the teacher told us that it was a 9.5 out of 10, so that's good. My companion made fun of the word Mentally Retarded... ya, still mad about that, don't know if I should talk to him about that, pretty sure I'm going to cause it was extremely offensive. After that my companion hasn't really talked to me, so I'm gonna tell him what's on my mind then let him tell me what's on his.

Tuesday: Today wasn't the best day. Elder D and I split and sang in the choir for the devotional, it was a good devotional that helped me realize a whole new meaning the the purpose of inviting ALL to come unto Christ. That doesn't mean people that we don't think will except the Gospel. That means ourselves first, our companions, a bishop, ward members, and investigadores. Es muy importante por todas las personas recibiremos el evangelio porque es como regresamos a Dios y Jesucristo. 

So that is my weekly update. Everything is going good.

Jacob 6:1 says Oh Be wise, what can I say more?

That is were I got my sassiness from, that guy.

Love you all, will take more pictures, sorry

Love,
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment