I love all of you guys. Charlie and Emily, congrats and looking amazing in that awesome pic, es lo maximo (its the best) thats the most common phrase here in Peru. My companion is Elder P and he is shorter than me!!! hahahaha, anyways we are in a city south of Lima called Pisco. TBH you havent seen people who are poor until you have seen Peru. Leterally our apartment is the best and we cant flush a toilet in the afternoon, because the water doesnt work. I am able to download pictures when I write you guys, but I havent taken any pictures yet, sorry. The dogs here are so weird. Imagine all types of dogs, but with no hair to incredible sparce hair. It is crazy. Elder L was in my district back in the CCM and I helped him with Spanish, he was kinda weird TBH because he thought that he could "read me" hahaha oh it was hilarious. The flight here was fun, I talked to a guy in Spanish for like 4 hours, cause I slept the first hour and after we just waited for a long time. We started talking because he was curious as to what Elder meant. We talked about temples because his cousin is a member and he wasnt allowed in the wedding and was wondering why. I told him that what goes on in the temple is sacred and instead of being married until death do you part, you are married for time and all eternity, how wonderfulo is that? Anyway he was a catholic who believed that God is the universe so that was weird and I wasn't the best teacher cause it was hard to communicate in spanish. I think that once I get into the routine here in Peru and after I know where things are, I will be able to go crazy on the language. You would be surprised how much I actually understand, the only problem is that I cannot talk to people. I cannot communicate my feelings the way that I want to. The first night we stayed in a hotel that was super nice, then the next day we woke up around 5 to go to a meeting with the Mission President, President Douglas. He is way chill and I am grateful for the two things that he is stressing in the mission: exact obedience and the atonement. Everyday we read with our companions a scripture about the atonement and it is awesome. It is extremely hot here. The first food that I tried was the breakfast that I had this morning, it was interesting. It was 3 rolls with bologna in them and this oatmeal like drink, extremely hot, but not chunky like oatmeal. I actually liked it. Our lunch today was chinese food, a lot of it that only costs like 4$ in America for 3 plates of food, crazy, i didn't finish it was so much. I tried Inca cola for the first time, it is one of 4 drinks that I can drink here: water, inca cola, coca cola, and the oatmeal thingy. I am probably going to get a bug because I can never use a bathroom!! there isn't a place that has a working toilet past noon, terrible. We have to fill a bucket of water and flush our toilets, so fun.... ya. My companion el lo maximo, he knows a lot of english and he will help me with learning spanish. One of my zone leaders made me a little mad today during our meeting because he came over and asked if I was tired, I said yes and he told me kinda snarky "get over it". I have a good attitude about most stuff, but when someone was new like me and says that, just a little frustrating. I am sorry that all of this is just one giant paragraph, but the cubicle that I am writing in is so tiny, everything here is tiny. I have to duck to miss hitting my head when coming downstairs to bruch teeth or eat or study, ME!!!! ya crazy. The people seem that they are nice and this weekend we are attending a wedding I think and I think my companion has already set up a baptism on the 3rd of December. We are in the desert, it is so crazy, I am going to be so dusty its almost hilarious. Mom, you would freak out about how dusty everything is and how many cookarachas there are. When you are sending a package, address it to the zone in Pisco, I will be here until february so its ok for you to send something. I dont know what I need because we can order garments which I will eventually need. Everything is in spanish which is good, but it is driving me crazy. I really wish that I could just understand, but I know that it will come with time in the mission field. It is a little different with the schedule, but thats ok. Ya, que mas... que mas.... I could use some socks... but I'll let you know later. I am really grateful for all that you guys do for me. It is extremely different here than in Utah, like driving wise, if you don't try to cut people off, you get honcked at. It is literally crazy, grampy would say "guy" at everyone, so that always goes into my head. The verbs are normal words though! like to clean, to lift, to break, to breathe, to think, every normal word in a dictionary guys, nothing new from me... come on;)
Let me know if I forgot anything
Love you tons and bunches
Elder Roberts
No comments:
Post a Comment