Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 7

Hello Family!

I don't have much time and this keyboard is extremely sticky so I am sorry if this is like hieroglyphics for you. Pisco is a huge area, I am not by the coast, Pisco is by the ocean, but I am in a desert, it kinda sucks, but hey, its my mission so I will live with it.

Craziness right, my very first lesson was with this lady and she was breastfeeding, just ooop! like that. So needless to say that is how most lessons are, breastfeeding mothers. I think I have had 5 lessons without breastfeeding. The food here is good, I am starting to get the bug, but its fine, its like it was in the CCM, except toilets don't work here past noon. With boxes you send them to the office, but on the BOX part, not the address, put Pisco, because that is my zone. Most of the food goes like this, breakfast we have rolls with egg or ham, with this drink that is like oatmeal without the chunks, disgusting. Lunch is always rice, chicken with bone, and surprise. One time they had noodles that were COATED in pesto, nastiness but alright. I cannot finish a lunch meal to save my life, they give us so much food!!! I am known as the missionary with the tiny stomach, its ok.

I am in a ward with 150 members this past Sunday!!! our goal is 200 so that will take a while. I have figured out some weird things about Peru. The dogs are either strays, abused, pregnant, sleeping, or cute. Always a combination of 2 but most of the time combo of 3. There was a funeral, but the people threw beer bottles at the casket, it was weird cause it happened on the catholic road. Here we have roads that different religions are centered, we have just the catholic road and the testigos de jehovah road. Needless to say the catholic road is alright, but the other is crazy. I saw them trying to preach, they were wearing hats, old OLD clothes, and were just .... extrano. Wedding was fun, I will put pictures if I have time. There is this lady that we contacted, who I think is technically my first investigador and her name is Paula. She is golden. The members here in Peru are mostly women, we had 6 people in Elders Quoram, including 4 Elders.

I don't think we do anything for Thanksgiving, because its an American Holiday (winky face) but its all good. I am getting frustrated a lot and it is bugging me because its only my first week. I am having lots of problems with falling asleep after lunch, not during lessons or anything, but I am just tired. Trying to be better. I am also thinking of buying a blanket because I sleep with a hoodie and my socks because it is cold in the morning. I got a tie that has a llama on it, its awesome. I have lived off of yogurt and peanut butter for my dinner, es lo maximo, not! My companion is always chastising me about not being able to teach, because I can understand Spanish, I cant ever explain how I am feeling because he doesn't know english well enough and I don't know Spanish well enough. The people here talk really fast and really quite. I cannot hear them at all!! but I guess they say that I am better than most of the gringos that come because I actually talk, its weird. I am baptizing an hermana on Saturday, its kinda crazy. I really need something to be able to help me belt, because nobody knows what to do.

Well, sorry for cutting off, but I have to go do stuff.

Love you

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment